Last night I was in a serious sausage mode and felt like this time I should prepare them on my own at home. I must admit that I have known only two methods of sausage preparations that is deep frying and roasting. But for some reasons I was not ready to go through that ordeal of sitting, watching and turning them until they are ready, so I opted to try out something that I have never seen anyone do before. its not rocket science and anyone can do it.
below I share the six quick steps for preparing boiled sausages this festive season
½ kg of sausages
500mls of water
Salt and wheat flour
1. Slice the tomato and onions into small pieces.
2. Meanwhile, place the sauce pan on a cooker at around 60⁰c
3. Add 2 or 3 tablespoons full of cooking oil in a saucepan leave it to burn until ready
4. Carefully place in the onions and add tomatoes after 1 or 2 minutes and stir gently until they are ready.
5. Add curry powder and a little salt, stir and add water and a teaspoon of wheat flour.
6. And finally add in your sausages and boil for 10 to 20 minutes.
Your sausages are ready and you can serve with salads.
Please note that wheat flour makes water a bit thick this prevents the outer layer of sausages from peeling off.
Image: Hood Ssuuna